[chirp_users] Ft-8800 Chirp 0.12

Allan R. Batteiger
Sat Sep 24 13:15:11 PDT 2011

Dan
   I just programmed a FT-8800 and I have some interesting results.
I tried to make channels as P (preferred for scanning) since the list I
imported has quite a number of repeaters and simplex freq.
I also set the scn.msm to msm.   and scan mode to msm However I am still
scanning all memories!
I downloaded the radio using Bob Freeth  software and discovered that
the Preffered bits are set for Hyper Memory 2 mostly correct, Hyper
Memory 1 mostly wrong ( missing quit a few, some random ones set).   the
other hyper memories are not set at all.

I have attached before and after files.   The ones that do not say new
are the one where I imported my radio, then the CSV file, marked the
channels as pref.

The one with new in the name were done by reading the radios using bob
Freeth's software,   correcting the issues,  writing them back out to
the radio and testing them, then reading them back in using chirp.
This should give you two set of files in your format to compare the
differences.

Allan
WB5QNG