[chirp_users] IC-2720

Allan R. Batteiger
Mon Sep 19 13:48:02 PDT 2011

Dan
   You might want to highlight the beginner guide on the wiki page, I
must have looked past it over a dozen time before I found it.
Not sure what you need help with on Documentation, I do some "JIT" Just
in time type guides for our MRC group.   I can maybe help with some
documentation.
   I did not realize the other options were so intermixed with the
memories.  The read before write now make more sense.   I see a need for
a bulk erase memories option.   In my case I want to leave everything
but the memories alone, and replace anything there.  So reading the
Radio, Blow off the current memories, import new list,  program radio.
would be my primary mode of operation.
   At least for the first radio,  after that the next 25 or 100 are
exactly the same.  i.e. in MRC we have 27 radios that should be exactly
the same.  So I would read the first one, setup the memories, then
program all the rest the same.

Allan
WB5QNG