[chirp_users] RPMs for CHIRP 0.1.12 Available

Mike Heitmann
Wed Sep 14 04:32:58 PDT 2011

> Hi all,
>
> As promised, I just posted the 0.1.12 release. I did so on the new
> website software I have been testing. Hopefully the result is a cleaner
> interface that brings together the bug/feature tracking as well as the
> main site content. It will also allow some willing volunteers to help
> write some documentation more easily.
>
> Please note that you must now create an account to file a bug. This
> requirement is intended to help reduce the amount of spam that gets
> filed on the system, and more specifically, the (large) number of false
> positives generated by the _dumb_ anti-spam module.

All,

Linux Fedora RPMs for the latest chirp release build are now available in
the KK7DS Ham-Apps yum repository.

To add the repository as a software source, please follow these
instructions:
http://www.d-rats.com/component/content/article/30-d-rats-yum-repository/

I know it says d-rats, the chirp files are in the same repository

After setting up the repository, open the "Add/Remove Software" tool and
go to "software sources" under the system menu. Make sure the "KK7DS Ham
Apps Software" line is checked (enabled). You may also need to deselect (uncheck) the beta software line.

If you don't see the releas version (or if you didn't unselect the beta repo), open a terminal
window and enter:
yum update chirp-0.1.12

Or, If you are running Fedora fc13 or earlier, enter:
yum update chirp-0.1.12-1.fc13

That should install the latest release build.

Happy Testing!

Mike, N0SO
Sent from my iPad