[chirp_users] FT-50R

Philip Loudin
Thu Sep 1 07:38:34 PDT 2011

Thanks, Dan.  I think I will move further FT-50 discussion to the developer's list.

Phil
AG4AT

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] FT-50R

> The FT-50 is mentioned in the chirp code (daily build 08/29/2011), but
> it is commented out in directory.py. Does this suggest that the FT-50
> will soon be accomodated, or that additional testing is still required,
> or...? I have a FT-50, and cannot find programming software available
> aside from ADMS.

I implemented the driver for it, but was unable to get it to behave
consistently so I disabled it in the code. It's been a while, but I seem
to recall that at the end of the clone procedure, I would get back a
different number of bytes in the last block almost every time I did the
clone. I'm not sure why that was and didn't spend a huge amount of time
on it.

Feel free to uncomment that and give it some attention. I'm sure it's
got a little bitrot, which I'm happy to help you scrape off if you're
going to attempt to fix it.

> I also have a VX-5 which seems to work well with chirp, and a TH-D7A
> which I will try soon.

Excellent! I've never laid hands on a VX-5 and wrote that driver
completely by using another piece of VX-5 software and a null modem cable :D