[chirp_users] New Install with OSX Lion

Dan Smith
Sun Nov 13 07:33:42 PST 2011

> You need to install OS X drivers for your cable. It looks like RT
> Systems only offers Windows drivers, so the best you can do is contact
> them and and ask if their cable manufacturer also supports OS X. If
> they use a common USB chipset like FTDI VCP or Prolific PL2303 you
> will be able to download OS X drivers from the manufacturer's website.

I think Robert confirmed that they use FTDI, but with a weird vendor
code, which makes the vanilla FTDI drivers not identify it without a
little legwork.

Kerry, to answer your question, I think the *easiest* think would be to
get the OPC-478U, or the OPC-478 and a mac-friendly USB adapter like the
Keyspan. I think it's *feasible* to get your RTSystems cable working,
but it may be more trouble than you're looking for.