[chirp_users] New Install with OSX Lion

Tom Hayward
Sun Nov 13 07:14:41 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:17, Kerry Case <ktcmac2b at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> Im using the mac OX. what I did is that I bought the rtsystems software with the USB 29A cable. I don't want to use windows. my question is can I still use that cable with chirp on the mac system(remember its not the opc-478 cable)
> I keep getting a error message    Can't find the radio   can you help
>
> thanks
> kerry
> n1urt

You need to install OS X drivers for your cable. It looks like RT
Systems only offers Windows drivers, so the best you can do is contact
them and and ask if their cable manufacturer also supports OS X. If
they use a common USB chipset like FTDI VCP or Prolific PL2303 you
will be able to download OS X drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Tom KD7LXL