[chirp_users] D710 programing: beyond memories.. internal settings

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 29 07:18:50 PDT 2011

Hi David,

> I was curious if it would be possible to add the ability to program in
> extra information into the D710 beyond just memories. Things like the
> following that's available in the Kenwood MCP-2A program.
> I personally need the "Data Terminal" menu to set the levels for the
> external TNC.

It's certainly possible, but not planned at the moment.  There are a lot
of radio-specific features that can be supported for all the models, but
I obviously don't have time to implement them all myself.

If there's a willing developer out there that wants to add support for
those things to the D710 driver, I'm more than happy to help guide them
through the process.  Right now, however I'm mostly focused on getting
good baseline memory channel support for as many radios as I can get my
hands on :)