[chirp_users] Chirp test with Wouxun.

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 22 12:36:50 PDT 2011

> on UHF.. VHF is different.. but that isn't important right now :)

No, not from CHIRP's perspective :)

> Verified... evidently, this aspect is not being correctly "pulled" from
> the radio.  I changed from wide to narrow via the Wouxun software, then
> uploaded.  Verified on the radio's menu, then downloaded in chirp.
> Displayed mode say NFM.

Okay, let me make sure I've got this right.  You can toggle the
narrow/wide bit on the radio (or with the Wouxun software) and CHIRP's
mode of NFM or FM doesn't change, is that right?

Can you send me two images (as downloaded with CHIRP) of the radio with
a single N/W setting flipped on a single memory channel?

> I saw the whole program indicate "S" across the board. No blanks. About
> half "really" are set to skip, such as weather service.

Hrm, weird.  Can you send me two images (as downloaded with CHIRP) of
the radio, with only a single skip bit changed on a single memory
channel?  (Be sure to tell me which channel :))

> Yes... definitely did... a whole lot of frequency changes and all... no go.

Well, this is a big red flag that something more fundamental might be
wrong.  Can someone else confirm or deny this behavior on their end?

> Is it possible there is some "checksum" or weird bit that has to be set
> right for some settings to be properly acknowleged by the radio?

Not that I saw when I had the radio with me.  It was extremely willing
to accept any data you sent it and write it directly into memory, almost
to the point of being unsafe.

Just for further clarification, this is a KG-UVD1P, right?