[chirp_users] TYT-UVF1

Dan Smith
Mon Jul 11 11:03:18 PDT 2011

> Mark - if you can get a memory file, does that mean you could
> also capture some serial traces of other software talking
> to the radio using something like portmon to start documenting
> the protocol and settings?
>
> Dan, I know Mark has at least a good hardware background,
> not sure what his software capabilities are:

Yep, I know he does :)

Most of the other chinese radios are pretty sensitive to timing and do
some weird things like sending a header and then sending a different one
if the radio doesn't respond within a certain amount of time, which
seems to be some sort of multi-model probe.

Depending on how similar it is to the other two I support, I may plead
early defeat as debugging something like that remotely is likely to take
a lot of my time that could be otherwise spent with the growing stack of
todo items I have for chirp :)