[chirp_users] Chirp Data transfer

Ken Simpson, W8EK
Mon Jul 4 16:02:33 PDT 2011

First, I did not know that the TxD and RxD lines were tied together.
That means we are only using one pin of the 3 active pins, plus
ground. I find that once I take the cable out of the radio, I DO get
echo.  That would insinuate that the data line is being grounded when
plugged into the radio, so that no echo would come back.

It is certainly looking like a hardware problem, likely with the plug
not going all the way in.  Now the big question -- do I want to
perform surgery on a VX-3?

I agree that we can rule out the chirp program at this point, and I
certainly thank you for the efforts to get things going.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK