[chirp_users] Chirp Data transfer

Dan Smith
Mon Jul 4 15:41:22 PDT 2011

> Echo in HyperTerminal is a setting:  File>>  Properties>>  Settings>>
> ASCII Setup>>  "Echo characters typed locally".

Local echo should be *disabled* and you should *still* see echo.

The echo comes from the fact that these radios use a single pin for
transmit and receive, and thus the TX and RX lines are tied together
inside the radio. Since you see no echo and no data when you try to
initiate the clone, something is wrong with hardware. Since you have two
cables, it sure sounds like the radio. Since you said you tried two
radios, it sounds like the serial port. Since you tried two serial
ports... well, not sure what to say :)

However, we can rule out CHIRP here since you aren't getting the
beginning of the clone message from the radio.