[chirp_users] Chirp Data transfer

Dan Smith
Sun Jul 3 17:55:51 PDT 2011

> It says Com 3 OK, and appears that it is trying to download the data
> from the VX-3.  I have the VX-3 in clone mode, and it says it is
> transmitting data (I pushed "Band" after getting into clone mode, and
> the display says "Tx").  That sounds like it should work, but it times
> out after about 30 seconds or so.  Nothing happens.

Just so we're clear, the radio is in clone mode, you click "OK" on the
computer and see it say "downloading from radio", and then you push the
band button, right? That should be the procedure.

Are you sure that the cable is pushed all the way into the jack? Some of
them are hard to seat fully.

Which version are you using? 0.1.11 or a daily?

Maybe Rick can offer some suggestions here, as he wrote and has the most
experience with the VX3 driver.