[chirp_users] debug.log

Aubrey Turner
Thu Dec 15 11:24:45 PST 2011

I've had decent luck with cables from 409Shop.  They have a "universal"
USB cable (uses the Prolific chipset, for which you already have
drivers).  You order the USB cable, then an adapter for your specific radio.

Here's the main USB cable:
http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=104295

Here's the adapter for the FT-2800:
- http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=104251

Note, though, that the USB cable's page doesn't list that adapter, but
it lists all the others (the adapter is listed with the DB-9 Serial
version of the universal cable).  It's likely an oversight on their
part, but you may wish to verify with 409Shop that it's compatible.  The
utility of the cable really comes into play when you have multiple radio
models, though.  If you've just got the FT-2800, then a dedicated cable
might continue to make more sense.