[chirp_users] CHIRP files & memories sharing between different radios

Dan Smith
Wed Dec 7 13:08:09 PST 2011

> No, I have the problem on a WinXP laptop and on an Ubuntu-box (no
> rpm install) but I don't see any xml on /usr/share/chirp dir.

It's hard for me to reproduce things on Windows, so I'll wait to see if
Mike has any luck.

Not that it's an excuse, but the CSV driver gets a *lot* more use,
testing, and fixes. The .chirp XML stuff didn't pan out as much as I'd
hoped, so it's likely a bit flakier. Unless there is some reason (I
can't think of one) to use the .chirp format, I would recommend using
the CSV format.