[chirp_users] Hello, delightful program, thanks

Andy Lavarre
Fri Aug 26 17:36:21 PDT 2011

Thanks for an excellent program. Makes programming the radio a whole lot
easier.

It installed almost flawlessly with

    python setup.py

It complained about a missing chirp.png, so I copied your logo, parked
it in share/ and reran the installation, all is well, although the logo
doesn't appear in the start menu (Linux openSUSE 11.4 KDE 4.6). No biggie.

Similarly, connecting to the ICOM IC-92AD is almost flawless.

Occasionally when changing a channel parameter the radio does not
respond rapidly enough so I get an error, but inevitably on trying again
it works. Not sure whether writing with a TAB or ENTER makes any
difference, these errors seem to occur regardless of which I use to
enter the change.

But the more difficult problem is in writing to a CSV file. Every
attempt to do this fails with a python error if I try to customize the
path and filename of the destination CSV:

    invalid literal for int() with base 10 'A' on line 4

If I just accept the default (/home/user/Desktop/radio.csv) then it
works just fine, although the Bank names are truncated to just the
leading character (A, B, C, D, E, etc).

So thanks again, MUCH easier than button smashing.

I'll be sending a contribution.

73, Andy
WA6VCT