[chirp_users] testing (daily on FT 2800M)

Dan Smith
Thu Aug 18 06:30:07 PDT 2011

> I was composing a response email to explain that I'd tried it more than
> 20 times to no avail.  Before hitting send I decided to try it again.
> Finally I got the data to upload to the radio; however, I can't discern
> anything I did differently on the final attempt.

Ah, okay. As far as I could tell, I get once chance to start the
transfer with the radio. If it fails, the radio has to be rebooted into
clone mode before it will try again. Does anyone know if other
programming software is like this?

As far as what's different, I think the procedure needs to be:

1. Connect the cable to your serial port and to the radio
2. Power on the radio into clone mode
3. Get chirp to the clone settings dialog
4. Hit the button on the radio that puts it into receive mode
5. Click okay on the chirp window

If there's a required delay between 4 and 5, I can enforce that in the
code. While I had the radio I was able to get the procedure down fairly
repeatably, but it is definitely the most fragile cloning process I've seen.