[chirp_users] OSX and the TH-D72 with CHIRP

Mark Cohen
Thu Apr 21 11:00:29 PDT 2011

Hi Dan,

So, I have a completely fresh machine here (not running any fink/darwinports packages etc) and did the following..

1. Downloaded the pkg file with python2.5/gtk/pySerial, installed
2. Ran the shell script
3. Result -- Still can't connect and probe the radio.

I then connected to the radio (9600 8N1 Hardware Handshake enabled)
Typed ID<cr>

Here is the ouput.

A 110421174857
cmd:MY K6EF-7
MYCALL   was NOCALL
ID TH-D72

As you can see, ID TH-D72 is returned.

So, I don't think this is anything with my setup AFAIK

Here is the output from the terminal during the probe :

PC->V71: ID
V71->PC:
PC->V71: ID
V71->PC:
PC->V71: ID
V71->PC:
PC->V71: ID
V71->PC:
--- Exception Dialog: Unable to probe radio model ---
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/mark/CHIRP/chirp-0.1.11/chirpui/clone.py", line 160, in run
    cs.radio_class = detect.DETECT_FUNCTIONS[vendor](cs.port)
  File "/Users/mark/CHIRP/chirp-0.1.11/chirp/detect.py", line 101, in detect_kenwoodlive_radio
    raise errors.RadioError("Unable to probe radio model")
RadioError: Unable to probe radio model

Hope this helps,

73 de K6EF