[chirp_users] How to load under Linux?

Richard Farina
Wed Apr 20 19:00:16 PDT 2011

On 04/20/11 20:50, doc at kd4e.com wrote:
> I get no response, just a blank and then I get a prompt:
>
> # which python
> # ls -al 'which python
>   >
you missed a ` on the second command at the end but that doesn't matter.
"which python" tells you the where python is in your path, and you don't
have python in your path.  Your system is broken, please fix it. I can't
imagine a modern distro shipping with broken python but you have got it.

Best suggestion I have is "ln -s /usr/bin/python2.6 /usr/bin/python" but
that is dirty at best and may cause wildly unexpected failures.  You
*could* take the cowards way out and add 2.6 at the end of the first
line in chirpw, but I'm not sure that would fix it.

Realistically you should fix your system, but I have no idea what distro
you have and even if I did I am certain I wouldn't know how to fix it.

-Zero