[chirp_users] CHIRP Windows XP Executable?

W4ZAU
Fri Apr 8 18:14:25 PDT 2011

My OS is W-XP/SP3. I just downloaded the latest version of Chirp for
Windows. Assuming the executable was chirpw.exe I "clicked" on same. I
received the error message below. After clicking on OK about three times a
window opened up that looked like it might be the application - common
drop-downs at the top, etc. However if I clicked on "File" or any of the
drop-downs, I got the same error message. Anybody run into this or did I
miss a step - though I downloaded and installed twice, just in case?

TNX in advance for any suggestions.

Dave
W4ZAU