[chirp_users] chirp 0.1.11 and Kenwood TM-V71A

Dan Smith
Mon Apr 4 12:25:13 PDT 2011

> The download feature worked great, it figured out my radio type and did
> the right thing.  I saw the note live update and save a CSV copy, edited
> it and when I tried to upload the CSV file to the radio, it detects my
> COM port just fine, senses a Kenwood radio, but defaults to 'Generic'
> and does not let me change it.  An upload attempt fails complaining
> about not being able to connect to generic.

I think you're the second person in a week to be confused by this, so I
clearly need to change the interface just a tad.  Sorry about that.

First off, you can't upload a CSV file directly to any radio.  What you
can do, is import a CSV file into a radio.  So, in your case, after you
make your edits to the CSV file, you would go back to "Download from
radio", and then do "Radio->Import" and choose the CSV file.  Does that
make sense?  The "Download" terminology may be a little confusing, given
that it's a live radio and you actually want to upload to it, but I'm
not sure what word would be better and still fit the clone and live
radio models.  I used to have two different menu items depending on what
type of radio was being used, but of course, many people don't know
which to use for their model :)

Note that you *can* just make the changes you want directly in the
editor while in live mode and they will be sync'd to the radio in realtime.