[chirp_users] Upload failure on V82

Simon Wood
Fri May 22 19:39:25 PDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 01:01:05 -0600
Simon Wood <simon at mungewell.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> Just found Chirp and it looks great. I can download from my radio, but the upload fails with about 1/3 progress bar filled. I had a poke around and it looks like the '.img' file is a bit on the short side, and would need to be padded up to size.

I tried Chirp on a Windows machine and it succeeded in transferring the image to the V82. Strange... maybe it's Linux specific or due to me using '/dev/ttyACM0'.

As the '.img' is a bit short it needs to be padded up to size before it can be opened with the official CS-V82 app. Using the following commands you can create a '.icf' from Chirp's '.img' output:
--
$ head -n 2 example.icf > new.icf
$ dd if=MyRadio.img ibs=12288 conv=sync | hexdump -v  -e '"%04.4_ax10" 16/1 "%02.2X" "\n"' >> new.icf

Cheers,
Mungewell.