[chirp_users] Upload failure on V82

Dan Smith
Tue May 26 12:06:10 PDT 2009

Hi Simon,

I didn't mean to ignore you all this time, I've just been really busy
with other things.

> I tried Chirp on a Windows machine and it succeeded in transferring
> the image to the V82. Strange... maybe it's Linux specific or due to
> me using '/dev/ttyACM0'.

It sounds like it's something to do with your device.  I've not seen a
ttyACMX device for anything other than certain types of modems.  What
sort of USB adapter is it?  Anything that uses the standard USB-Serial
core in Linux should show up as a ttyUSBX device.  I've not yet found
a single such device that doesn't work for CHIRP.  Perhaps it would be
good to try a more mainline USB-Serial device?

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/