[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.9

Dan Smith
Sun May 3 10:07:02 PDT 2009

Hi Susan,

> I downloaded 0.1.9 and fired it up OK. Without connecting a radio, I
> selected the 'Convert ICF' function and selected an ICF file that I
> had downloaded from the Internet (actually
> "IC92AD_VK3RWN_C_V19a.icf" which David VK3UR makes available through
> the Australian D-Star web site - Thanks David) and tried to save it
> as an img file.

Unfortunately, the 9x radios' ICF files are not images of the radio
memory like the others.  This is because they are accessed with "rig
control" commands instead of cloning the entire radio in one go.  The
9x ICF format can be decoded, of course (and perhaps someone has done
it elsewhere), and added to CHIRP at some point.  I guess I really
need to put an (or fix the) error message in there warning you when
that fails so it's more clear what is going on.

I believe Stuart was planning to look into the 9x ICF format and
implement the appropriate import logic to support it, but I'm not sure
if there has been any progress made on that front.

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/