[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.9

Susan Mackay
Sun May 3 00:28:57 PDT 2009

Dan,

I downloaded 0.1.9 and fired it up OK. Without connecting a radio, I
selected the 'Convert ICF' function and selected an ICF file that I
had downloaded from the Internet (actually "IC92AD_VK3RWN_C_V19a.icf"
which David VK3UR makes available through the Australian D-Star web
site - Thanks David) and tried to save it as an img file.

The following was logged on the terminal log:

Unknown model:
000: 30 66 00 00 00 00 00 00   0f......

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/Susan/Downloads/chirp-0.1.9/chirpui/mainapp.py", line
428, in mh
     self.do_converticf()
   File "/Users/Susan/Downloads/chirp-0.1.9/chirpui/mainapp.py", line
364, in do_converticf
     log_exception()
NameError: global name 'log_exception' is not defined

The offending lines seem to be:

         try:
             convert_icf.icf_to_image(icffile, imgfile)
         except Exception, e:
             log_exception()
             common.show_error("Unable to convert ICF file: %s" % e)

The beginning of the ICF file is:

30660000
#Comment=
#MapRev=1
#EtcData=2C48
0000100003E9000020830000E400004E657061
0010106C2020200003F4000020830000E40000
002010557A62656B69202000049F0000208300
00301000E40000536C6F76616B20200004A600

The strange thing is that I can see the 'log_exception' function ion
common.py!

Susan VK3ANZ