[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.9b5

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 10 14:57:47 PDT 2009

Hi all,

It has been ages since I got out an update to CHIRP.  My apologies for
that.  Other things have taken priority, as usual.  Stuart Tener N3GWG
has recently reignited the fire under my, um, keyboard and helped
conceive and test some of the following bits.  Hopefully with his help,
I can go back to getting less sleep and more CHIRP work done!

I just posted 0.1.9b5:

- Make import action attempt to add callsigns as necessary to the
  incoming radio
- Improve responsiveness during long import actions and offer some
  visual stimulation to reassure the user we're still working
- Fix broken "browse" button on the image clone dialog
- Fix a 2820 issue where some extra cleanup is required when moving a
  channel from FM to DV mode
- Add MacOS build support
- Pick up Prolific USB device names on MacOS
- Change the way the callsign list editor works (to show all slots)
- Make the callsign editor use fixed-width font for easier lining up of
  callsigns
- Set the initial sort field to be the location column in memory editor
  on load
- Re-write the 9x driver to be cleaner and more maintainable (shouldn't
  impact functionality, but plenty of testing is needed to ensure we
  didn't regress)
- Make the radio thread work queue support multiple priorities

Please do hammer the 9x driver to make sure nothing (else) was broken
after the re-write.  Also note that with the 9x, you can now make
changes to memories before all of the memory channels have loaded and
that the entire list of memories will be fetched in the background for
quicker loading, but this does not prevent other activities such as
callsign/bank editing, etc.

If you're running on MacOS, please try out the new MacOS .app package.
I can generate a PPC version if anyone needs it.  If it works, thank
Stuart for that.  You can also thank him for making your serial ports
properly populate in the clone box :)

Have at it and let us know of any new issues!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/