[chirp_users] Hello all

IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
Thu Mar 5 10:01:26 PST 2009

ALCON:

Hello all, I am Stuart (N3GWG) and I wanted to kind of introduce
myself to the group here.

I am a Computer Scientist that has been an Amateur since mid-1988 (16
AUG to be exact is when I got my Novice ticket), and I also have a
strong background in radio programming software.

When I conducted an initiate review of CHIRP and its capabilities, my
first response (as was posted on the list) was, is their a MacOS
version? Mainly, because I use a Mac, and am a Unix System
Administrator. Since that point, I have familiarized myself with CHIRP
and its build process and source code control system, and should have
a MacOS version ready within the next day or so (there are additional
improvements to CHIRP that we are working on, that I hope to be part
of that version). As is many times the case, I hope that the MacOS
version will be ahead of the Windows version feature-wise.

Just as an aside on MacOS, if you "dual boot" Linux and Windows (as I
used to do, granted I have virtualization software also), I found the
migration to an Apple environment (Microsoft Office runs natively in
MacOS) capable of provisioning all the Unix needs I had as well as
running most of the olde Microsoft based software I had run. So, if
you do Unix Administration or that, I do truly suggest looking at a
Mac. Besides, the hardware is ubber cool too!

I own an IC-91AD and an IC-2820, and have been slowly working on
understanding CHIRP (on a source code level) so that greater
functionality can be apportioned.

So keep an eye out for the pronouncement of when and where to get the
MacOS version of CHIRP, it will be forthcoming very soon!

--
IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR, N3GWG (Extra), MROP
Beverly Hills, CA / Las Vegas, NV / Philadelphia, PA / Washington, DC
e-mail: teners at bh90210.net