[chirp_users] [CHIRP] #33: Config remember

Dan Smith
Fri Jun 26 08:09:29 PDT 2009

Hi Chuck,

> My first time on here, I have been watching for a while though. I am
> in full agreement with Dale here, I have a 92AD and notice that I
> have to go through the same thing. There should be a place to
> configure the radio and com port.

Yep, fully agree, I've just not had time to get it added and other
features have taken precedence.

> I too would like to see a larger size than 25, perhaps make it user
> settable too?

Well, you can change the 25 number each time and see more, but yes,
I'd like to have that be a preference as well.

> I also notice that the [dowload from radio] does not have the 9x
> radios is this due to the fact that it pulls the radio data down
> when you issue the connect?

Right, the "Download from radio" does a clone operation.  The 91 and
92 radios do not support that action, which is why you have to connect
to them live.

> I am working up in Kalama, WA. If you need to test on a 92AD I can
> always head down that way for a few hours if we are not too busy in
> the plant. That is until they ship me out of here to another
> customer location. Also usually much more time available on weekends
> when I do not fly home.

Thanks, but I've got a 92 to work with.  Plus, the 91 and 92 are
identical in all aspects, from CHIRP's point of view at the moment.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/