[chirp_users] MacOS Version of Chirp

IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
Wed Feb 25 17:55:25 PST 2009

ALCON:

    I have been a Unix System Administrator for many years, and in fact
would be quite capable of testing, compiling, or generating object code on
my Intel Mac for the benefit of the community.

    My understanding of the current Apple Development Kit is that you can
generate Intel based code on the PPC, whether it is "Universal" code for any
target processor (PPC or Intel), or Intel specific (and optimized) code that
is intended for only the Intel chip. Now I understand this is mostly written
in Python, anyway, but, just some food for thought here.

    I saw where someone was speaking of a ".19" version (beta?) but given
the open source nature of the software, was surprised to not see it on the
download site.

    One thing I had been working on was a decoder for reading the code plug
from an "ICF" file. Now that I see this software is here, I would be willing
to try to integrate that into Chirp such that we could at least read and for
sure try to shoot for writing "ICF" files compatible with the ICOM software
for Windows.

--

Very Respectfully,

IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
Las Vegas, NV / Beverly Hills, CA / Philadelphia, PA / Washington, DC
Amateur Radio Call Sign: N3GWG (Extra) / Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP)
email: teners at bh90210.net (also carbon copies to my Blackberry)
phone: +(1) 310.358.0202 (Beverly Hills, CA, forwards to mobile phone)
phone: +(1) 215.338.6005 (Philadelphia, PA, voice mail only)
E-Fax: +(1) 928.437.4505 (Telecopier, fax to email gateway)

Military emails (checked monthly until remote NMCI access is secured)
NIPRNET: stuart.tener at navy.mil
NIPRNET: stuart.b.tener at us.army.mil
NRO:     teners at nro.mil
TS/SCI:  tenerstu at nro.ic.gov (GWAN)

and/or privileged information, though strictly at the UNCLASSIFIED level.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the originate message.