[chirp_users] MacOS Version of Chirp

Dan Smith
Wed Feb 25 12:58:48 PST 2009

> If you are counting requests, I'll put my hand up too.  It would save
> booting my Mac into Windows.

Heh, okay :)

> You should be able to build a fat binary on PPC that includes both PPC
> and Intel code.  Of course you won't be able to test the Intel
> version...

Yeah, that's not as easy as it sounds.  D-RATS depends on a large python
runtime stack, not all of which is endian-safe and thus can't be
compiled into a universal binary (from what I understand).

> Or, you could just stick with the PPC version -- Intel Mac users (like
> me) can run that under emulation.

Oh?  I didn't realize you could do that.  I imagine Python (et al) would
be pretty slow in that mode, but it would be interesting to try.  I'll
try to get a PPC version up at some point and then you can let me know
how well it does or does not run under emulation.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/