[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8

David Tilson
Fri Feb 13 19:12:41 PST 2009

G'day Dan,

> It takes so freaking long to clone the 2820 that I'm always
> apt to choose the easiest route that works unless there is a
> real problem. It's a pain to debug issues in that thing :)

Yep, I understand.  The DSQL and Code problem appears to be resolved on
the 2820 with 0.1.9b4.  Thanks for that.

I haven't been able to replicate the lockup of CHIRP when an invalid
frequency was entered through a CSV import on the 2820 in 0.1.9b4.

I did try something on the 92AD Bank B that had an interesting result.

I had a valid frequency entered in Mem 57 of 146.6375 MHz.  I performed
a CSV import with Mem 57 set to an invalid freq of 136.6375.  The import
screen showed that the new freq would be 136.6375, however when the
import occurred the frequency remained at 146.6375 (unchanged).

I then deleted Mem 57 as well as Mem 58 from the radio and did the CSV
import again.  In the CSV file Mem 57 had the corrupt frequency and Mem
58 had a valid frequency.  This time nothing was saved in Mem 57,
however Mem 58 imported correctly.

>  I hope you
> are far enough away that you won't have to worry about
> endangering yourself, your family, or your home.  Be safe and
> good luck!

Yes, we are safe thanks.  The majority of the fires have been at least
an hours drive to the north east and approx 2 hours drive to the east.
We are still concerned though as there is March is traditionally the
month for fires down here.

Cheers,

davidt