[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.7b8

Dan Smith
Fri Oct 31 19:15:16 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I just posted b8 with some fixes for the import/export stuff.  Give it a
shot and see if it's any better.

I made a small performance improvement when exporting to a .chirp file,
but I'm not sure it will be noticeable.  Also, a tip:  If you're
exporting to a .chirp file that already exists, you might delete it
before you start.  If you don't, CHIRP will open the destination file
and merge whatever you're exporting into it.  Not only will this be
slower, but it also may not be what you want.  I'll fix this at some
point, but it's freakishly non-trivial :)

Anyway, please report back on how b8 works for you.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/