[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.7b5

David Tilson
Mon Oct 20 07:35:59 PDT 2008

G'day Mark,

Great to hear from you and trust all is well in VK4 land.

> I cant get V1.6 or 1.5 to connect to my radio it just sits there
waiting to download.

OK a couple of clues that might assist.

1/ If you are using either an IC-92AD or a IC-2820H then you need to
ensure that GPS TX MODE is set to DISABLED and that GPS AUTO TX is set
to OFF.

2/ Additionally if you are using either an IC-91AD or a IC-92AD the
radio must be set for Band B and the mode must be set as DV.

If you are using a different type of radio please let us know, but I
certainly know that the above settings (currently) cause CHIRP to sit
there, or not transfer information properly.

Also if you've tried to perform a download, prior to confirming the
above settings, it is wise to close / restart chirpw or csvdump.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR