[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b3

Dave Cooley
Sun Nov 23 17:26:41 PST 2008

I had 43 channels after doing some clean up. The channels were in no
specific order. I wanted to sort them alphabetically the renumber. After I
sorted alphabetically, I had 39 channels not 43. In that there is no idiot
function (undo) the were no recoverable. Resorting by channel number
(original arrangement) still revealed only 39 channels. I don't know how you
would duplicate such a thing. Just sorting doesn't seem to change anything.

Radio - ic-2820h

My end goal objective is to be able to duplicate channel memories between
the different radios. One MAJOR problem still exists though. The ID-800 has
a 6 position name field and the ic-2820 has an 8 digit name field.  This
presents a real problem when you try to incorporate a repeater, port, and
destination into 6 positions. I would like to put it out to the group if
anyone has come up with a naming convention that works for 6 positions. This
is hard when trying to assign channels to call sign routing with multiple
repeaters/ports. The call sign alone can use up all 6 positions.
Using different groups for different repeaters might work but then scanning
becomes a problem.

 A bit off topic but I am struggling with a solution.

Thoughts from the group???????

N4DIB