[chirp_users] Lost!

Dan Smith
Fri Nov 21 14:53:44 PST 2008

> Thanks Dan. What reads a chirp file? I tried to export and import and got
> nothing??

CHIRP reads it :)

If you imported the memories into the same locations that you had them
before, then you won't see a change, of course.  Try exporting one or
more memories from one of your radios and importing that into another
radio.  You can change the "new location" of an imported memory channel
to avoid overwriting whatever you may have in that spot in the
destination radio.

You can use a .chirp file to send someone, who has say a 92AD, a chunk
of your memories from your 2820.  You could do that with a .csv file
too, of course, but when I add bank information and configuration
settings, you'll be able to send those as well.

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/