[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.7

Dan Smith
Wed Nov 12 06:41:07 PST 2008

> Great to see 0.1.7 released.  Well done.

Well, I guess you beat me to the release announcement :)

> I thought that these attributes would have been stored in the chirp
> file, but it looks like they may not be.  If this is correct, is
> there a plan to add them to the stored chirp file at some stage?

That's correct, I don't store the callsign lists in the .chirp file just
yet.  It's a trivial thing to do, because of the way the file is
organized, I just haven't done it yet.

Part of the import action will amend the radio's lists as necessary to
accommodate the callsigns for imported data, so it shouldn't be too much
of an issue.

I demo'd CHIRP 0.1.7 (or what was to become 0.1.7) on Monday night to
the local D-STAR group.  It went quite well and was very successful.
Thanks go to everyone here who has helped with testing to make that happen!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/