[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b8

Dan Smith
Sat Dec 6 08:23:23 PST 2008

Hi all,

I just posted 0.1.8b8 which I hope we can call the official 0.1.8.  I
didn't add import/export of the special memories because it's going to
require some additional logic in the actual import process than I really
want to do at this point.  Since that's more GUI-related, I want to push
that off to 0.1.9.  The changes from b7 are:

- Improved Linux packaging
- CSV file includes bank letter instead of number

Linux users will likely want to use the new install procedure.  To do
so, grab and unpack the tar file as usual.  Then do:

  $ cd chirp-0.1.8b8
  $ python setup.py install

This should put an icon in your applications menu (under HamRadio) and
install CHIRP to the regular system locations.  I'd appreciate some
reports from linux users on what distro they're using and about any
problems they're facing.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/