[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b7

Dan Smith
Thu Dec 4 19:48:14 PST 2008

> Confirmed.  Just a thought... If the Bank is set back to "none" is it
>  worth forcing the Bank Index to "-1" so that the number is available
> for reuse.

Indeed, I should do that.

> BTW, I worked out yesterday why the Bank was only displaying as "A-",
> "B-", etc and the same with the drop down Bank list when the field
> was selected, instead of just showing "A", "B", etc in the GUI.  It
> was simply that the default width for the Bank field in the GUI was
> truncating any Bank names that had been entered.

Hmm, that's interesting.  By default, all of the columns should auto-size.

> I presume you mean when the check box is enabled.  If yes, confirmed.

Yes :)

> Not sure what you have changed here.

Nothing visible to the user, if everything goes well.  Under the covers,
it's a little more efficient and handles the error case properly.

> However, I did notice in the last couple of betas that in the Banks
> tab I can enter a long Bank Name which appears to be OK while CHIRP
> is running, but then gets truncated to 8 chars when you exit /
> restart CHIRP.  Would it be better to limit the field to 8 chars (or
> whatever the radio can handle) at the point of entering the Bank
> name?  This could probably wait until you attack the GUI in 0.1.9.

Ah, yes, good point.

> YAY!!! This makes the loading much faster.

Yeah, it's much nicer.  I'd like to get rid of the initial bank name
load, but it will be harder to do because I kinda need the bank names
available when populating the memory list.  However, some of the changes
I made to the internal bank representation recently will make it easier
(er, possible).

> The only question is if you perform an export, for example to .chirp
> format, and you haven't pressed the D-STAR tab to load the callsign
> lists, will CHIRP grab this info and include it in the export?

Right now, the CSV and CHIRP export don't include the lists, just the
callsigns individual memories use.  In the case of the ic9x, loading the
list isn't required to get the callsign for a memory, even during
export, so it shouldn't need to load them, no.

> I haven't come across any other bugs in this version, based on my
> testing with the IC-92AD, that would stop release once the
> bank-index-to-letter and import / export are addressed.  I'll update
> the wiki Data Model on the wiki to reflect the Special Memories
> section and link it to the main CHIRP wiki page.

Excellent, thanks :)

Thanks much for the feedback!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/