[chirp_devel] Python 3 Status (Where to help)

James Keener
Thu Nov 19 13:01:58 PST 2020

Let me start by saying I'm not trying to be antagonistic about this. I know
the python 3 issue has come up a couple times in the past, and usually not
in a good way.

I've been running off the py3 branch locally with a UV-5R. For the most
part it works. (I had an issue with it saving settings.) I see that there
is a py3 version in the bugtracker (https://chirp.danplanet.com/versions/21)
with some open tickets.

Where would be the best place for me to focus on to get the py3 branch
ready? Or should I just work at fixing anything as I find it and submit
bugs and patches to the bugtracker?

Jim