[chirp_devel] When to include an alias?

Jim Unroe
Sun Sep 4 12:48:19 PDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Brian Dickman via chirp_devel
<chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> The driver can tell apart images from 898 and 898S and those have
> separate classes to handle the power states, but it can't tell apart E
> and S. Behavior of E and S are identical, so that's where we could use
> an alias.

I just did a driver for the LUITON LT-725uv. There is nothing in the
downloaded memory that I could see that would be useful uniquely
identify this image.

What I did, which was suggested to me by others, in order to be able
to positively identify an image from this radio was to append the
radio's model, LT-725UV, to the end of the downloaded data. This added
identifier is outside of the "range" used for cloning to the radio, so
it is invisible to the radio.

Jim KC9HI