[chirp_devel] Need help with tracing/logging serial communication

Jim Unroe
Sun Oct 16 12:37:11 PDT 2016

> Unfortunately Portmon 3.02, the last version that was published, does
> not support Windows 7. I tried compatibility settings for XP, not
> better. I tried Portmon in Windows XP, no trace possible. Portmon simply
> does not offer to trace at all.

What Portmon doesn't support is a 64-bit Windows. My guess is that it
will work fine with a 32-bit Windows 7.

I've not been able to get Portmon to work in a Virtualbox VM. So I
have to use my laptop with Windows XP for serial port captures.

Jim kC9HI