[chirp_devel] Driver Testing by Non-developer Users

Jim Unroe
Fri Nov 18 11:53:43 PST 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Dan Smith via chirp_devel
<chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>> I tried that and it didn't work for me. I even tried to do the common
>> piece without anything else and it didn't work. There wasn't an entry
>> in the debug log to show the common piece was replaced either.
>
> Okay, there might be some ordering or scoping issues preventing that
> from working I guess. It's been a long time since I wrote the loader stuff.

I haven't ruled out that might be a user error.

> What sorts of changes are made against the common module? Can you hack
> those into the driver itself for testing and then move them back out to
> common when they're known working?

That is a good idea. If I copy and paste a "def" into the driver, will
it automatically replace the common one?

Jim