[chirp_devel] Patch for UV5R driver to fix communication on Ubuntu 16.04 with pl2303-based cables (fixes #4165)

Adam Novak
Wed Nov 2 19:37:52 PDT 2016

I've only tested it with the cable I have. Someone else will have to
try it with other cables.

It might make sense to try a retry if immediate identification fails.
I don't know if that would confuse the radio. But I don't know if 1
second of extra time is really a big deal, and it might be possible to
cut it down.

Really it would be best if CHIRP had the port open with DTR on the
whole time it was running, or could open it before I plugged in the
radio. As I said, it looks like when the radio is connected and the
port is closed, the radio interprets it as push-to-talk being active
and starts transmitting, which is probably undesirable. But I suspect
that change wouldn't be feasible.