[chirp_devel] Patch for UV5R driver to fix communication on Ubuntu 16.04 with pl2303-based cables (fixes #4165)

Dan Smith
Tue Nov 1 18:10:41 PDT 2016

> This patch explicitly sets DTR high, and waits a bit, before trying to
> talk to the radio. I'm patching the UV5R driver, which gets used for
> the UV-82. This fixes issue #4165, which I reported so I could send in
> this patch. I have successfully used this patch to program my radio
> with CHIRP.

Has anyone tested this to make sure it doesn't interfere with
already-working stuff?

Also, I think I'd rather try to do the ident, and if that fails, then do
the DTR+sleep hack to avoid penalizing people with good cables.

Perhaps we could always set DTR high, do the first ident immediately and
then just try the ident a second time after a delay if it fails the
first time? Or do we need to set DTR and be quiet for a while to avoid
confusing the radio?

--Dan