[chirp_devel] [UV-5R] Support for 144/220 Model and Band Expansion

The Silver Fox
Mon Mar 25 20:50:03 PDT 2013

Jim,

   When I load the py file all the frequency entries are 0 and an error is
indicated.  If I try to edit a row it will not pop up the editor window but
it will let me enter things in individual fields.

73,

Alan- W6ARH

From: chirp_devel-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_devel-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:04 PM
To: chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_devel] [UV-5R] Support for 144/220 Model and Band
Expansion

Alan,
Any frequency outside of the 136-174 MHz and 400-520 MHz ranges should
trigger an 'out of supported range' error.
Jim

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM, The Silver Fox <alan.r.hill at gmail.com>
wrote:

Jim,

   I will double check but I think I used Chirp to program 220 on my UV5RC.
I did change the other settings in the radio before trying Chirp but I don't
recall any problems.  I'll volunteer to try the new version if it required
modifications.

73,

Alan - W6ARH