[chirp_devel] Support for other sites than RepeaterBook

Łukasz Jarosław Mozer
Tue Feb 26 15:58:06 PST 2013

Hello there all!

First of all - thanks for all developers for this software. Finally I
have something free and working to manage my FT-857D. Thanks!

So, why I am here? I'm author and developer of online repeaters
database - przemienniki.net. It's primary polish site, but with help
of community and moderators we also collect data for repeaters in
surrounding countries. With permission of RSGB we have also British
repeaters in our site. Access to przemienniki.net is free for
everyone and data export is allowed in few more or less usable
formats (native XML, Excel file, GPX for Garmin devices, Google's KML
and XML for iPhone RPTs).

Since I had lot of requests to allow export data to radio programming
software from website I've started to looking what software is
available on market and found out about Chirp.

And when I saw that Chirp can do online database query for US
repeater sites...

So, is there any, even very slight chance, to get someday version of
Chirp that will support my site[1]? :-) Of course, I can provide any
kind of interface that will be needed to implement that feature.

Kind regards,
Lucas, SQ5LWN.

[1] Without me learning Python ;)
--