[chirp_devel] Ack

Dan Smith
Mon Feb 11 14:06:53 PST 2013

> I subscribed to chirp_devel in digest mode.  I've switched to per
> message mode, and I just wanted to let you know I have read your
> messages via that web interface and intend on:
> Resending the patch with the headers you want.

Cool. Let us know if you need help.

> Looking at bug #409.

Suh-weet, thanks :)

> I also see APRS messages in my VX=8DR memory dump, so I'm interested
> in building a more complete memory map for that radio.

That would be great. We have a generic settings model for things like
that, although it may need some work to make it suitable for more
complicated things like that. I can help with extending that for sure.

> Ideally I'll find a way to get APRS messages from the radio to the
> computer in real time (perhaps an undocumented command in clone
> mode), however enumerating commands for Yaesu radios looks a bit
> dangerous (CAT command sets seem to include full reset, which even
> resets factory tuning parameters).

You should be able to do this with the VX-8GR, but not the DR. Even
so, that's a more APRS-centric thing, not really something that would
go into chirp.

> I have created a more complete memory map for the post version 291
> Baofeng UV-5r that could improve the settings tab for that radio.
> I'll try to dig it up and see how hard it would be to fix up the
> settings tab.

Okay, sure, if you have found stuff not already identified, I'm sure
that would be of interest.

Thanks!