[chirp_devel] FYI: KC8UNJ commander software now supports Wouxun. KG-UV[123]

Robert Terzi
Mon May 2 10:49:18 PDT 2011

It was announced on the Wouxun yahoo group list that
the KC8UNJ Commander software now has a version for wouxun KG-UV[123]

This is free software, but not open source, and is windows only.
Someone mentioned it's implemented in Visual basic, which I
don't know if that's correct or not.

I mention it here as a somewhat mild FYI.  KC8UNJ's commander
software is available for radios from Yaesu, ICom, and now
Wouxun.  However, there are separate packages for each
radio, and per radio specific formats.  At least according to
the read-me even the csv is considered radio specific.
It does support importing/exporting the .tw files that the
wouxun supplied software uses.

I don't know if there is anything useful to learn from the software.
I was hoping it might have something to learn from in terms of
cross radio file format, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
As far as I've seen Chirp seems to be leading the way.

--Rob