[UAT] Dan's Software help

Basil Gunn
Mon Apr 15 15:39:10 PDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 23:24:02 +0200
Erik Schott <e.schott at home.nl> wrote:

> Basil (and Martin)
> Thank you both for helping me out in a crash course of getting to
> grips with the dantracker.
> Since my wife is from the same town as oh2gve, and I do speak the
> language as well a bit, and know where the hams convene, I have
> passed on a message to him. See if he replies

Thank you very much!

> Now to stuff itself. So how do I get hold of the n7nix branch
> It did now show up on github when i searched, but then again, i am
> rather new to this
> The functions you have implemented do really appeal to me and to
> those in my area where we try to develop aprs activities and
> equipment building. So i am keen to learn and listen to those who
> have done already major groundwork.
>
> 73's
>
> Erik PA0ESh

Hi Erik,

If you start from Dan's original repo:

https://github.com/kk7ds/dantracker

you can click on the "network" tab and see the 3 branches.  Click on
"n7nix" in the network graph then "code" and you can view the code.
I've noticed that this may take multiple clicks on the "network" tab
to work.

Alternatively just go to this URL:

https://github.com/n7nix/dantracker

I am also new to git but this is what I think should work.

To get the n7nix branch:
git clone https://github.com/n7nix/dantracker

To keep your copy updated:
git pull

I am currently working on improving the messaging part of dantracker
so you should expect files changing. I keep a file called ChangeLog
which will be a detailed log as things move along.

/Basil