[drats_users] Internet email gateway

Rob Salsgiver
Wed Feb 5 21:54:10 PST 2014

Greetings all,

Been working on a demo for tomorrow night and having some trouble getting
the last of the wrinkles worked out to and from the Internet (email) via
D-Rats.  Here's the current setup:

1)      One (1) laptop and IC-92AD setup as RF only

2)      One (1) netbook and IC-92AD setup as RF and Internet connected

3)      I can send chats, QSTs, and emails via RF from one laptop to the
other (both ways)

4)      I can send email from the Internet and receive it into D-Rats on the
Internet connected laptop.

5)      I can manually forward the Internet email to the remote IC-92AD and
laptop via RF, and it arrives on the remote laptop as it should.

What I cannot seem to do is SEND from the RF connected laptop out to a
remote Internet email account.  When I send the email it DOES go to the
Internet connected laptop, but it does not leave that laptop - it just hangs
in the outbox.

Any suggestions?

I've gone through the directions I can find and it all seems to be setup ok,
and it's probably 90-95% there - I'm just missing the other 5-10% <g>.

As a related question - is there a setting that performs outgoing SMTP
authentication?  If it's not authenticating, could that be the reason why
it's failing?

Cheers,

Rob Salsgiver - NR3O