[drats_users] [chirp_devel] SeaPac

Dean Gibson AE7Q
Tue May 28 10:45:11 PDT 2013

My availability for attending SeaPac (Seaside, OR 2013-05-31 to 06-02)
suddenly changed.  I'm going to have a *non-profit* exhibitor's table @
SeaPac, and will be exhibiting various ways to use D-Star.

When I previously exhibited @ SeaPac in 2006, I showed EmComm messaging
using D-StarLet on two IBM 380Z Win98 laptops, connected to the serial
port interface two ID-880H radios.  D-StarLet (using TomCat and Java)
ran just fine on my two laptops, which I keep around just for the
purpose of interfacing with the two radios.

Now that D-Rats has "replaced" D-StarLet, I would like to exhibit the
same capability using D-Rats.  However, D-Rats does not appear to run
under Windows 98/SE.  Since the laptops only have 96MB of RAM, upgrading
to a newer version of Windows does not seem to be an option.  Should
D-Rats run on Win98/SE?